Regulator Essentials Training
Regulator selection is a primary consideration when designing your fluid system. Learn how the right regulator for your application can help increase safety while improving efficiency, as well as regulator basics and how to identify and resolve common issues.
From pressure reducing to back pressure, tank blanketing to vaporizing, Regulator Essentials provides the foundation for safe regulator sizing, selection, and troubleshooting. Learn how to interpret regulator flow curves, mitigate or eliminate droop, accumulation, lock-up, choke flow, and supply pressure effect, prevent Joule-Thompson icing, and stop sample factorization during vaporization.
Upon completion of this course, you should be able to:
- Describe basics of a regulator such as terminology and components
- Identify key design characteristics and how a regulator performs
- Discuss the different types of regulators and which systems they are designed for
- Employ knowledge to determine how a system should be designed to include regulators
Ensure optimal regulator performance through a firm understanding of:
- Choked Flow
- Supply Pressure Effect (SPE)
- Joule-Thomson Effect
- Optimal Flow